Integrate your Shopify store and use our automated widget installation with the following guide.
Available on all of our plans
In Reviews.io, navigate to Integrations
Navigate to Shopify
Enter your Shopify Store URL and click Install
In the popup from Shopify, click Install App
Setup Invitation Email
Ensure that you have at least one Company Reviews or one Product Reviews Invitation Email is set to 'Active' in your email template creation page in order for these to begin queuing.
If Review Invitations are 'Active' these will be sent automatically by Shopify.
PLEASE NOTE: REVIEW INVITATIONS ARE TRIGGERED ONCE THE ORDER HAS BEEN MARKED AS 'FULFILLED'
READY TO PUBLISH REVIEWS
Automated Widget Install:
Once you have installed the plugin, we can automatically add the product review widgets for you.
From the Installations page, select Automated Widget Install.
Add your email address by selecting the 'click here' option, this will enable us to send a notification email once the widget install has been completed.
Customise the widget so that it fits into your site flawlessly. You are able to make small changes quickly to the widget using the Quick settings and Quick style changes available & there is also an advanced Editor option that allows further customisation of the widget.
Preview the widget to confirm the customisations you have made by selecting the Preview Widget option before moving ahead with the install.
Once you are fully happy with the widget select, Start Installation.
If you did want the widget to be more in line with our branding, you are able to find the hex colour codes within the brand guidelines here
Once you have selected 'Start Installation" it will queue for processing.
The page will automatically update so you can see where you are in the process.
You can then preview the widget & the theme.
Select Preview widget & Theme to confirm you are happy with how the widget looks.
Publish the Theme within your Shopify Account. Shopify Account > Online Store > Themes The theme should be the latest one at the top with [REVIEWS.io] next to it. Then simply select Actions >> Publish
Manual Widget Installation
If you wish to add widgets manually, we have a guide with some more information on that here
Shopify 2.0 Widget Installation Update
For Shopify 2.0 users, we have launched a new process that allows to add in our widgets simply by making a few edits your theme by following the steps below:
1) Customise your Shopify 2.0 theme. Once in the correct theme you were looking to edit, select the drop down at the top of the page and select Default Product.
2) On the product page select Theme settings in the bottom left corner.
3) Select 'App Embeds' and Enable the core snippet and enter your Store ID.
4) Once completed you can then have the option to enable the Rating Snippet if you were wanting to.
5) Once the ‘Core snippet’ has been enabled with the correct Store ID you can then exit out of theme settings back to your Theme Editor.
6) From here navigate down to the ‘Add Blocks’ section. You should now be able to see the option to add in the ‘Product Reviews Widget’.
7) From there you would just need to save your changes once you were happy with the design and publish the Theme if it was not already.
8) Once you have added the block you can then hover over this and click and drag this new block to the correct place on the page by clicking the 6 dots on the right hand side of the block. You should be able to move this up or down the page to your liking.