- Log in to your Reviews.io account
- Navigate to Reviews Setup >> Email Template
- Choose Create Simple
Important: Remember to set your country settings, Read our support article to help.
First things first, you will want to select which template you would like to use. You can select:
- Company Reviews - Great for Google AdWords.
- Product Reviews - Used for Google Shopping Stars, and Organic Stars on SERPs
- Both Company & Reviews - Why not collect both at once from the one email?
- 3rd Party Reviews (In-Email Form not available) - To collect reviews for your third party integrations such as Google My Business, Facebook ect.
- Amazon Reviews (In-Email Form not available)
You'll be presented with the WYSIWYG editor. There are a number of customisation parameters here, along with a preview of your In-Email Form. You can also preview how the In-Email Form will look using various Email Application using the tabs.
You can edit the following fields:-
- Email Subject: Changing the email subject to stay on-brand with the business can be great for conversions. You can also use the [FirstName] parameter to engage customers on a personal level.
- Sender Name: I always advise to change the sender name to either a) your company name, or b) a member of your team, e.g Joe Bloggs, CEO of (insert company). This way, you are staying on-brand with the business, as well as engaging customers on a personal level - great for conversion!
- Send Email After eg: 7 days: If you have integrated an automated review process via one of our integrations available here, then you can set the amount of days after purchase that you would like the invitations to be sent out.
- Branch: If you wanted to associate a particular branch of your business to the review, you can select from the dropdown available. Note you will need to setup branches, which you can do here.
Further customisation options that allow you to stay on brand with your business, are available by editing the following;
- Header & Logo
- Add Banner image (Optional, but effective!)
- Body Text (Keep it short and sweet, and let the customer know you are grateful)
- Call-to-Action Button
- Footer Text
The in-email review collection form is a handy feature which lets your customers write their reviews without leaving their email client.
Important - Combined Invitations
A combined company and product review invitation email template functions as a product email by default. Therefore, if you create one of these emails alongside a standard product or company email, the traffic will be split equally between them all.
If you want all emails to be combined emails, then you should deactivate all of your product-only and company-only emails. You can achieve this by toggling the Active button within each individual template (at the top-right of the screen).
Review invitation emails contain a link to your 'Review Collector Page' remember to configure your Collectors Page, click here to read our support article.
Now you review invitation templates are set you are ready to send Review Booster to your past clients.
Learn how to access all your past Email and SMS Review invitations history - Click here
Read our Blog 8 Awesome Review Request Email Examples - Click here